View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
quini
quini began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Unhappy DeDRM calibre plugin not working with Kindle Paperwhite 2013

Hi!

I've got 2 Kindle Paperwhite, one is version 2013 and the other one is version 2012 and, as soon as I purchase a Kindle book at Amazon, I always save an unencrypted copy of it in my books folder in my PC.

To do so I use DeDRM plugin for Calibre, found in Tools 6.0.8.

Today I've purchased a comic, and I've added it to Calibre as usual, plugging my Paperwhite 2013 in the USB port (the older version belongs to my wife), and adding it to the local collection. It hasn't complained, but the result was an AZW3 file of only 0.6MB (other similar comics I owe are near 30MB), and I cannot find any images in it when using the internal visor.

I've tryed deleting it from the Paperwhite 2013, then downloading it again: same behaviour.

I've then tryed downloading the comic to the Paperwhite 1, then adding it to Calibre... it works!

Also, I've noticed the directory structure of both Paperwhite 1 & 2 were different; in the Paperwhite 1 I could find the 28MB .azw3 file the DeDRM plugin has removed the DRM from and placed in my Calibre folder...

In the other one I've found a 18MB .azw6 file in the folder named as the book, and the .azw3 file in the "documents" folder was only 600KB (it was the real 28MB in the PPW1)?!

Also, I can only reproduce this behaviour with that comic (maybe only with comics?), as the books I've recently purchased and transferred to Calibre from my PPW2 did work fine!

Has any of you encountered this problem? Please make me know if I can help to find things out
quini is offline   Reply With Quote