View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #204
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ams View Post
I bought a bricked KT very cheaply on ebay intended for spare parts. But I got curious whether I could get it working again. Access via normal USB to the kindle's file system is not possible. First tried Kubrick then Silver18's guide. I can get into fastboot mode and flash diags. Everything up to step 9) in Silver18's guide works fine but then the KT does not boot into diags. Just a screen briefly flashing black and white and then the man under tree picture again with nothing happening (except the battery getting drained: after a few hours I get the empty battery screen). Same thing happens with Kubrick: does not boot into diags. I loaded the battery in fastboot mode for more than 20 hours. I erased the userdata (fastboot erase data) but nothing changed. Is there anything else I could try from fastboot mode?
(I found one similar case, post#158 in the Kubrick thread but apparently in that case the kindle did eventually boot into diags after 2 days, this does not happen in my case).
If I recall correctly - in the case you mentioned, the Kindle was repairing one of the flash memory file systems - -
Which can be a very long and power consuming process.

Just keep it under external power,
and when (if) it runs down, recharge it again,
wait.
like, wait a lot.

(why not? your not going to be using it for anything else. )
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote