View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #254
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I get an "usb network error!" message on the Kobo Aura 2.10. Anyone knows how to fix it?

FOUND IT.

I changed setvars.sh to:

Code:
case `/bin/kobo_config.sh * 2>/dev/null` in
 dragon)  DEVICE=AURAHD;;
 kraken)  DEVICE=GLO   ;;
 trilogy) DEVICE=TOUCH ;;
 pixie)   DEVICE=MINI  ;;
 phoenix) DEVICE=AURA  ;;
 *)       DEVICE=TOUCH ;;
A USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget showed up. I assigned only IPv4 192.168.2.99 and subnet 255.255.255.0 and I am able to ftp to 192.168.2.101 with username root and no password.
In Windows 7, you will see the network added, as an "Unidentified network" "No Internet access". It won't work until you install the "USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget". From the "Network and Sharing center" you can select your Kobo device that will appear in "Connections" for the "Unidentified network". Selecting the device will bring up "Status" box with a "Properties" button. From that properties page you can select and configure the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TPC/IPv4)" (I used 192.168.2.100 and 255.255.255.0) then, on the properties page, click on the "Install" button.

This should give you WinSCP, PUTTY, ect ... access to your device.

Luck;
Ken

Oh yeah, you will need to have started Sergey's USBnet on your device for there to be the connection that Windows will find as an "Unidentified network".

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 12-01-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote