Thread: Literary Rotating Nominations
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #56
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
There are still days left to go, but I'm a bit surprised that we haven't had a volunteer yet this month, especially since this is only our third month of it so plenty of members left in the pool, but my guess is that it may have something to do with the one-two punch of my asking for volunteers a bit later than last time and this week being a big holiday time for some here. So, I've had the idea that instead of doing a Rotating month for December this year, we could instead do something fun that we've never done in this club - a second chance retrospective month.

If anyone does want to take their turn for December and was still contemplating it, then you are still more than welcome to volunteer to go - we can do a second chance month any time and we'd love to have your nominations for December. I only wanted to offer this alternative now so that no one need feel pressured to volunteer this month at the last minute. Let's give it a day or two and if someone volunteers then great and if not then we'll consider the matter settled and next month will be second chance.

I also want to reiterate that though I understand the volunteering hesitation for this month in particular because of the above-mentioned reasons, it should be enjoyable and all that is really required when one volunteers is a list of 4-8 nominations that are literary and haven't been selected before, so pretty simple, and we're a supportive group of people that I'm sure will find each member's nominations interesting.

Anyway, this being the time, have a happy Hanukkah and/or a happy Thanksgiving to whomever it may apply!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote