View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #1260
DudeMan
DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.DudeMan is faster than slow light.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@DudeMan: Which FW version is it running, and what hacks do you have installed on it?
I bought a used PW1 and not 1 day of using it, I was having issues like freezing, unable to register, and bootloops.

So I read around, found out that there was an updated firmware. Downloaded the "update_kindle_5.3.9.bin" file from amazon's site and the update went smoothly. (I can't remember what firmware it was on before I updated).

I can't remember exactly what I did next, I didn't install anything else, no hacks, nothing, but I restarted the kindle and after that all I could go to was the YKNR screen.

Charging overnight, holding the power button for 20s+, didn't do anything.

The kindle gets recognized as a usb drive when plugged in to the laptop, for a few seconds, then it reboots and goes back to the "Your Kindle Needs Repair" screen.

I didn't sleep that night, reading around this board, etc. The following morning I contacted Amazon support through chat (I'm located in Southeast Asia, getting a kindle here could get expensive, shipping+taxes). And was offered refurbs.

So I gave up, accepted the loss. After a few days I decided to post and I don't know what to say... ixtab, will you marry me???

You don't know how happy I am right now, man. On a very tight budget, it's a little tough right now so buying another one isn't gonna happen anytime soon. I've been feeling awful the past few days - bought a used PW to save a few bucks, ended up losing more

Thank you ixtab for the early Christmas present
DudeMan is offline   Reply With Quote