Thread: E-Ink Reader?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
The cheapo Kindle, the one for $69, still has buttons. This is my take-with-me device. I paid $50 for it (it was a special) and it won't cause me too much angst if it gets lost, broken or stolen. Note that it does not have a lighting feature. I just added a cover with an M-edge light for those rare instances when I do need lighting.

I hear that the Nook Simple Touch no longer has buttons.

Let me tell you about tablets. They are heavy. I have a Nook tablet and it is quite a bit heavier than the Kindle keyboard. They are great for pdf and you can buy a non-glare clear cover for it, but for every day and long reading, you are better off with a dedicated eink reader than a tablet. Easier on the eyes as well.

Last edited by Tarana; 11-20-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote