Thread: E-Ink Reader?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It is an indexing issue. All e-readers can have indexing issues. Kindles have been known to have the occassional index problem. THis is why most folks load their books on batches of 20-50 books to increase how quickly everything loads and to make it easier to catch a book that is hung up.

I have never had an indexing problem on a Kindle but I have seen posts on it here and at Kindle Boards. I know that on the Kindle you can run a series of junk letters ghfdslghd;gh p, do a search, and it will show you what book is not indexing. You remove the book, check that things are working fine, and add the book a few minutes later.

I know that my Paperwhite is working just fine with 600 or so books on it. I have read reports that Kindles slow down when they have massive number of books on them. 600 books does not seem to fall into the catagory of massive. I am shocked that an Aura HD is slowing down with 100 books on it. I would check for indexing issues and if that doesn't resolve it call their customer service.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote