View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #133
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
JSWOLFE, I downloaded BD and it seems to be the tool I've been looking for. The screen looks nothing like what is shown in the tutorials. The windows menus and formating above the CD icons does not show.

I loaded the Haggard txt file and began the tutorial. The edit functions, in both Read and Edit, do not provide a standard edit cursor, but only allows high lighting. In the Corrector pallate, Book Title and Author, but Title does not work. After I save and reload, The original text file returns and none of the changes have been saved.

So, I have done something majorly (??) wrong. If you can point me in the right direction, I will remember you in my will and give you my first born. I think that this is the tool I have been looking for.

One thing to note.. Book Designer has a bug where loading text fles can cause incorrect paragraphs. So take your text file and resave it as RTF and it will load fine.

Many thanks, Charlie
How did you install BD? What OS are you running?

BD has a bug where if you load a text file, the paragraphs can get messed up somewhat. Best wat to overcome that bug is to save the text file as RTF and then load the RTF into BD. That will keep the paragraphs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote