View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #108
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Absolutely! Incidentally, I have also purchased Mantano Premium, but for now, have settled for Moon+ Pro as my primary reader on Android, precisely because of its (as I see it) more plentiful layout customisation options. The top feature I was missing in Mantano when I last tested it, if I remember correctly, was paragraph spacing. That setting is a must for me. In contrast, the only missing formatting setting I've seen in Moon+, is the size of the first-line indent. It's only "yes or no" in Moon+, but I'd like to specify its exact size (I prefer 0.35cm). That's regrettable, but not as big a deal as a missing paragraph spacing setting.

By the way, there may be a connection: from debates with app developers, I gather that paragraph spacing is perhaps the most difficult layout setting for a software developer to implement properly in an e-reader app. Which is why you see this formatting option -- crucial to me -- offered in relatively few e-reader apps; it's tough to implement. All sorts of issues with cut-off lines at the bottom or top of the screen can occur. I understand that some apps' ignoring (at least partially) the publisher's CSS, particularly the top and bottom margin specifications inside CSS, might be connected precisely to those apps being able to customise paragraph spacing. In other words: if you don't allow the adjustment of paragraph spacing, it may be easier for you to fully adhere to the publisher's CSS. To me at least, however, the ability to customise paragraph spacing is far more important than 100% adherence to the publisher's CSS; after all, my and the publisher's typographic tastes are likely to differ markedly, anyway.

Last edited by Faterson; 11-17-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote