Thread: MobileRead Online book club?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #66
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I promise that if any of his books are chosen, I will do just that........
There is some Joyce that is approachable. I'm not sure I'd recommend _Ulysses_ for the reading group.

There's a lovely story where Joyce encounters a friends during one of his walks. _Ulysses_ had just been published, and Joyce asked his friend's opinion of the book. "I've only read it five times!", responded the friend. "I shall have to read it at least five more times to give you and opinion!" "Why, man", replied Joyce, "Didn't you at least think it was funny?"
______
Dennis