View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #2744
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Ah, the old "Good cannot exist without evil to balance it argument".

I'm not entirely sure I agree. Though in certain cases they may be useful.

However, that wasn't my point. I merely question whether under the articles of our confederacy, we are allowed to give succor to the "necessary balance". Even the necessary balance is still evil. You can only say that we know, while we strive with all our heart to destroy evil, we will never fully succeed. And that's all right, since we don't need to. Even the threat of a resurgent evil balances out the story and offers an antagonist.

And no hero ever invites the antagonist over to a party (unless it is a cunning plot to assassinate him.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote