Thread: SF/Fantasy Poll
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #68
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I'm aware. But he did start with that template, and manipulated his physics in support of it.

The wall of battle started becoming irrelevant with the introduction of missile pods, Ghost Rider technology, and carrier-borne LACs.

I once asked Weber whether treecat communication was relativistic, and what the maximum range of two cats paired with humans (like, say, Nimitz and Samantha) might be. The answer to both was Weber's "I know but I'm not telling because I plan to address that down the road" Tum-te-tum-te-tum, which told me what I wanted to know.

The fundamental issue underlying most of the problems in the Honorverse is communications lag over interstellar distances, and if you can address that...
______
Dennis
Meh! Please don't do that, I just started on the Honorverse series! I haven't gotten through "On Basilisk Station" yet

And yes, my e-Reader has introduced too stuff I had no idea was out there, i.e. the Baen books
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote