View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Personally I am not truly into the whole reading long articles on the computer, tablet, or cell (though sometimes I prefer to read them on the cell due to how I have the computer set up).

Pocket makes it much more comfortable to read said articles, just like it's more comfortable reading books. It also helps with newspaper reading. I can't get the Globe and Mail where I am but I can read the webpage and I miss me some Social Studies :P

Obviously we can't watch video articles on the Aura (and even if they added a video player there wouldn't be much point without audio). So that topic shouldn't even be touched with a ten foot pole.

Basically I think currently the way to improve things would be on the Pocket end of things over which Kobo has no control (but can mostly likely influence). For example, on the desktop you can add a pocket button to your browser but on mobile you have to choose share, then add to pocket. If you could add a pocket button to the different mobile browsers it would be great or maybe if Pocket came out with their own browser designed only for finding and adding articles. Also if they could find a way to detect when a multi-page article is being added to automatically add the following pages. There is no sure fire way to do this so it would have to be a "beta" feature but it would be great because not all pages have a "print" button and even then sometimes the print versions lack important images and such.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote