Old 10-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
petike1
petike1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canpolat View Post
Hi Peter,

From the video on the main page, your program seems to do many of the things I had in mind. I generally don't care where my books are located. I would rather give the program a bunch of folders and expect it to rescan it (on demand). So, if it used attributes like book title, author and publisher for displaying the books, I think it would better fit my needs. The tagging looks pretty neat, though.

Are you planning to release the source code of the program under a free license so that others can contribute?
My plan is to mix the tags and attributes in a flexible way. In the video you can see them as tags, but the parts separated by colons are separated in the database too.

In the next version you can say "show me 'book title:' and 'publisher:' tags as columns in the grid". The part before the colon will be the header, the part after the colon will be the value in the grid.

That way you can create custom attributes on the fly. "Drummer:" for music "Director:" for movies, as you see fit.

I have thought of open sourcing it, but for the time being I would like to move forward with it alone to get it into shape, to create the DNA for further developement.
petike1 is offline   Reply With Quote