View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
To be fair does anyone have service like Amazon? I have been fortunate and have never had any problems behind books on Kobo. I hope they get their act together.
Well I'm considering trying an Aura but the pretty shocking level of customer care shown by Kobo keeps making me hesitant - along with a couple of other things, but this is what really sets the alarm bells ringing. Sure I'd like to have the increased font options and smaller size of the Aura, but is it really worth it to leave the comfortable safety net of buying a Kindle?

Edit: In fact, having spoken to someone in WH Smith today, they said that even if I was to buy it online from them, I might not be able to return it for a refund even if it has the bright band along the top (which I've seen in both demo models I've looked at) because it might not be considered a fault by Kobo. And as they can't return any open models to Kobo for refunds if there isn't any fault/defect, they wouldn't be able to give me a refund. Even citing distance selling regulations she wasn't confident of giving a refund, so that's my decision made for me, I'll try a Paperwhite first, and only if I have issues with it will I go back to considering the Aura.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 10-18-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Update
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote