View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #76
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
There were also reported problems (and a thread here) about the plastic developing cracks near the bottom of the screen.
And some units crashing with the covers (some grounding problem with the connectors perhaps), although I've never seen that.

Sure, Kindle 3 had its niggles, but overall it was a really, really balanced product. After that Amazon split the product family eventually three-ways and to get, today, what you got in Kindle 3, you have to choose between $69 Kindle, Paperwhite and the Fire (for audio books), neither really as complete, as no-compromises e-reader as the Kindle 3 was. Maybe the PW can eventually get there once they sort out its niggles, and the Touch was pretty good, but still I feel like as a fan of Kindle, my purchasing decisions have been harder since the fourth generation - and not just because there is more choice, but because Amazon chose to make new and different compromises in various models.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote