View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #79
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
I believe that the problem is that currently to buy books from sony you need the Ebook library software installed, and it is only available for windows.
Similarly Adobe DE for Mac cannot authorise the reader without the software, so you can't buy protected files from other sources as well.
<blink>

Oh. Right.

I recall hearing about that, but since I'm not a Sony ebook purchaser, I hadn't experienced it directly.

Thanks!

Quote:
That's one of the strengths of the Mobi / eReader format that they don't require a program to be installed to buy and load books on a device. If Sony could implement such a system, it would probably silence a large part of the complaints.
Agreed.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote