View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #12
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have seen extremely long syncs in the past. It usually happens in the "Loading content" phase. I think there are several reasons for this, but the only one I have definitely found was when I had a LOT of shelves. Reducing the number improved things. But, I still see an occasional very long sync.
The sync was just processing for ever either via wifi or via kobo desktop app. I tried to let my device plugged to my computer during a whole night and it was always in the same state as before in the morning. It just was stuck there forever.

As for the reading status, I'll try to understand what I messed, but I'm quite sure Calibre is guiltless about it. I don't have so much shelves (it takes about one page and a half on the screen) and it amount to about a hundred books (on or off shelves) so I don't know exactly if it's too much and I have no double books (I checked that) I think I didn't selected them appropriately in Calibre perhaps so their status was not stored or something.

By the way, is it "normal" for a book to be shown when I click the SD card button (I was in the "libraray" beforehand) and in the column "in device" (or something like that) but have no green check. Or is it because the book is on the SD card but is not in the library or do I have to try to match it with a book in the library ? It may be the source of my problem. Perhaps I should just delet all on the SD card and resend the books afterward with calibre. I'll see about that later on, perhaps during week-end.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote