View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
I first checked my database with kobo utilities pluggin for calibre : all was ok. I tried to store my reading position => ok for some books but not all (I can't figure out why, but at least it worked for the one I was reading, so, so far, it's ok for me).
This is unlikely to be a corrupt database. If it was, there would be errors about not being able to access the database.

One thing I can think of is if you have two copies of a book on the device. It will only get the status from one. Right now, I can't think of exactly which book it would get the status from other than "the wrong one" If that isn't it, but you do work out a pattern, please tell me so I can look into it.
Quote:
I signed out and signed in again and now the sync is working nicely, why, I must admit, will, I think, remain a big mystery...
I have seen extremely long syncs in the past. It usually happens in the "Loading content" phase. I think there are several reasons for this, but the only one I have definitely found was when I had a LOT of shelves. Reducing the number improved things. But, I still see an occasional very long sync.
Quote:
I had read a lot of books that I was to manually reset to "finished" (I hate this and couldn't find a way to store this information in calibre, though there must certainly be a way).
If you manually set the column used for the percent read to 100, when you restore the reading position the book will be marked as finished. The restore treats 100 as finished, no value as unread and any other number as being read.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote