View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #129
tls
Enthusiast
tls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to beholdtls is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nexys 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I took it outside to read for a few minutes in the sun and very disappointed to see a horrible hash mark type pattern (almost like thousands of scratches) on the plastic cover, not sure if it is on the underside of the cover but assume that it is and has something to do with the low gloss feature, there is no way I could read on this in the sun, it would drive me crazy!

I have two tiny light spots on mine in the bezel on the right side
For what it's worth, I also noticed that marking.

From what I can see there are 3 different patterns:

On the outside there is the diffusion pattern - similar to an anti-glare iPad protector. Lots of little dots that break up the light.

On the backside of the plastic there seems to me the scratches that you mentioned. These appeared to be slightly circular on mine and it made me wonder whether it's from a circular cutter slicing the plastic - unlikely probably.

The eInk screen itself is like lots of little diamonds. If you look at the ghosting picture I posted zoomed in to pixel detail, you can see that. I wonder if that's part of the light distribution - the Kindle has vertical lines instead of diamonds on the eInk screen.

In any case, just thought I'd mention that mine has a similar pattern.
tls is offline   Reply With Quote