View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #109
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Until Katsunami's tutorial is finished, something for the time waiting

What I did? I played with the kaleidoscope effect in PIXLR and was impressed what came out of it. (By the way Sefiriot, that is all your fault, you mentioned the pattern you liked and I looked into the effects in PIXLR )

Now, what I did:

- first I made me a little ornament in black and white (Stage1)
- put the kaleidoscope effect over it (Stage2)
- and put it over it again, playing with the horizontal and vertical options too (Stage3)
- then I loaded one of my asphalt & paper compination fotos as layer in (Stage4)
- played with the filters (can't tell you though which I used)
- put a black layer partly over it and used a layer mode that reversed the color effects
- then melted everything to one layer together
- loaded my blue leather cover as layer, put it under the kaleidoscope layer and put this layer in mode 'Overlay'

Finished (Kaleidoscope Cover 1)!

When you put the kaleidoscope effect on the finished cover again, you get a new result (Kaleidoscope Cover 2) and when you play with the color setting you can get something new too (Kaleidoscope Cover 3).

Your opinion?

MiniMouse

Note: Picture 1 to 4 are no covers! They are only up to show you from where I started and the different stages of my work! That's why only for picture 5 to 7 are zip-files up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage 1.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	111920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage 2.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	111921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage 3.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	111922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage 4.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	562.2 KB
ID:	111923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kaleidoscope Cover 1.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	111924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kaleidoscope Cover 2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	111925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kaleidoscope Cover 3.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	111926  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kaleidoscope Cover 1.zip (9.18 MB, 193 views)
File Type: zip Kaleidoscope Cover 2.zip (11.07 MB, 194 views)
File Type: zip Kaleidoscope Cover 3.zip (9.45 MB, 184 views)

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-23-2013 at 03:11 PM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote