View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #76
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
I think it'd probably work better on a nice darker coloured leather cover, though having it as a pattern on a linen cover might be intriguing.
I've been testing using your ornament from above. If you're going to use a dark leather cover, then make a FAT BIG BOLD ornament. The one you posted earlier doesn't work on covers with a lot of structure. The lines are too thin. It does work on a linen cover though.

Quote:
ETA: I'm going to be hand-drawing these things; as in pen on paper. I doubt my scanner will do SVG. >.<
You'd need a trace tool for that. Inkscape can probably do it, but not all raster programs are able to read SVG. I'd go with a very large JPG.

See below. I've bump mapped / embossed your drawing onto the brown linen cover I scanned yesterday, and applied a tiny amount of orangy highlight, by turning your ornament to black and white, then to orange, removing the part I didn't want highlighted, and then set the layer opacity to something like 5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test-cover.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	111379  
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote