Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #10
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
How many active users are there, I wonder? As you said Hitch, a number of people try it and don't like it because it is not, nor should it be, a word processor. In the trying process they do seem to consume a lot of support time.
How many $/each would it take to make it paying given the active users?

But I get the impression from the blog, that the problem is that John doesn't want to make this full time (if that is possible in the first place.) That seems to be the main sticking point. Being written in C, from what I can tell, makes it more work than calibre, which is written in python. This may have limited the number of helpers.

Making it paid will keep out of some of the truly lazy but in some people's minds, it will ENTITLE them to support in their "I don't want to learn HTML/CSS/Regex" whine. This is not a simple problem.

DAMN is right.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote