View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #41
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can't (under the terms of the licence) buy an ebook and let your friend read it.
Spoiler:
(with no antagonism to HarryT- he points this out well)

And THIS^ is why there needs to be a change. What a violation of what good books are all about!
Really, for all practical purposes, paper books will last just as long as real books- if you are careful with them. My paper books will easily last my lifetime as I value them. Really, if you're careless with your ebooks and misplace them, accidentally delete them, you name it, then you've lost them too.
Of course that analogy fails because if you've bought into any corporate "ecosystem" you can re-download them for free. What about removing that option and making you the owner of the ebook, free to do whatever you want with it- read it, loan it, lose it. Like a real book.
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote