View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@DiapDealer: I have a theory about why this is happening, and a possible work-around if I am right. However ...

I am hesitant to publish this on Google Play until I have some idea that it helps. Would you be willing to run a test version? By "test version" I mean a version that is fully signed and licensed, but is signed with a different encryption key than the one available on Google Play. You would be required to uninstall the GP version, then new install the test version. The process erases all your preferences and your book database, but it leaves the actual books. To revert back to the GP version you must do the inverse.

This uninstall/reinstall process can be unpleasant if you have a lot of books on your device (time to scan), your books in CC come from multiple libraries (must reconnect to each library), or if calibre's book matching doesn't work optimally (formats without the book UUID e.g., other than epub) where you would need to use calibre's manual book matching function.

I will completely understand if you don't want to go down the "test version" road.

However, if you are willing could you PM me an email address where I can send the APK?
I'd be happy to test. I don't keep a lot of books on my device (or in CC) anyway, so the uninstall/reinstall won't be any kind of hardship.

If necessary, I think I could even manage to remember how to use "adb logcat" to get you some logs.

I'll PM you my address.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote