View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #6
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I would love to see DRM be dead and burried, but as long as I can easily remove it I don't get excited about it.
Removing it requires you to break the law, though. Does that matter on a practical level? No, not really, and that is why it's a farce. But circumventing copy protection essentially makes you (collective "you": us) a criminal. That's my issue with DRM, that it "forces" me to break the law in order to do something that I "should" be able to do: reading my purchased books on any of my reading devices, if I hypothetically wanted to do that. ()

BM's point was that DRM means that you don't really "own" an e-book you buy, only a license to read it, and with specific conditions that could be changed. Amazon can remove the book from your device. Will they? Extremely unlikely. But should they be able to do that after you paid money?
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote