View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #612
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
The default behaviour is to throw an exception, there is an option to silently ignore conversion errors but I generally recommend not setting it. You can also get a plain ePub file if you have unselected the option to use the extended features, or if you haven't disabled the KoboTouch driver and calibre loads that driver instead.

If you have not selected the option to silently ignore errors and you have enabled extra features, please see the first post in this thread for how to submit a bug report. Considering that you're using a Project Gutenberg ePub, you may first want to consider asking around the Sigil forum (or perhaps BobC has some pointers as well) for help with manipulating the book. Like BobC mentioned, there may be issues with the books that cause issues with KePub viewing or even KePub generation. BobC is exactly right on chapter splitting, the KePub viewer assumes one chapter per file (no matter how long the chapter is).
Thank you, and thanks to BobC. I had indeed selected the "silently ignore errors", and I've corrected that. I started working on the Spectator book, but since the paper was a daily, with 635 numbers, I gave up. I'll just read the plain epub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
You shouldn't have needed to do anything more than uncheck the "extended features" option. Then you get everything else you've selected except not the special Kobo features and you get a plain ePub file and not a KePub. If that didn't work, please submit a bug report as detailed in the first post of this tread.
Testing, I've seen that I have to restart calibre after disactivating the plugin for it to work. So now I have plain epubs Spectator and Kafka on my aura. Pity, I like your plugin - I still don't understand why the Kafka switches to all italics when turned into a kepub.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote