View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #19
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I seem to be answering in reverse order here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
It can happen that the files look much better in these devices with Acrobat 2, then what you are getting with version 1.
That may be so. But I think there's often an assumption that "most people" are using up to date hardware and software, when in fact I'll bet there are a lot of people who aren't. Especially folks who aren't really into all this, and may just be taking a flyer with their old gear to see if they can read a book on their PDA.

Quote:
If you want an example, what I get normally is something very similar to what you can see in Adobes site (left image):
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readerforppc.html
That's pretty much what I see in Reader 1.0. (With properly tagged files, that is.)

Quote:
If you want I can test in my 2 pocketpcs, 2003 and windows mobile 5, with one of your files and try to get back to you.
That might be a useful experiment. Do you want to PM me your email address? Thanks.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote