View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #36238
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
We've got a few spiders, but no big problem.

The big problem right now is the heat and rain have driven a huge population of camelback crickets into the basement. These guys are big enough to trigger a mousetrap if they land on it. And they have a tendency to jump right at someone rather than away.

I have glue pads down in the corners to (try to) keep them under control.

Anyway. The job is done. Took apart the junction blocks and tested each station pair.

Every single one tested "okay." Now, since "okay" means an open circuit, there's a possibility I missed the bad pair by not getting a good connection with the meter probe ... but I give up.
Re: camelback crickets - they are attracted to bright light - when I have to work in the crawl space under the house, I put a halogen work light at the opposite end from where I'll be - most of the buggers will hop down and fry themselves on the light and leave me alone. They really hurt if they smack into your face!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote