View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Seems I'm quite excluded from the sunny side of the street. I received, in return to my Touch that showed some problems since the upgrade to 2.6.1, another ("refurbished" - whatever this may mean) device, but as I hooked it at the Kobo desktop, the installed firmware didn't go beyond 2.5.2, even after syncing several times. There seems to be sort of blockade of upper firmwares.

At least it now works again properly, but I feel a little left behind concerning newer evolutions. But, on the other hand, there is, at each possible update, the fear of similar experiences as I had with 2.6.1. Echos of existentialism!
I haven't tried on the new Touches (model N905C) but so far the older Touch models that previously updated to 2.6.1 will not automatically update past 2.5.2 after a factory reset. I suspect that when Kobo rushed out the 2.6.1b update for the Glo/Aura/Mini/Touch C, they decided to not rush out the update for the older Touch models.

Also at this time, I haven't seen any reports that anyone has received the 2.8.1 update for any device other than a Glo. And the reports of updates have been scattered around the world -- several European forums have had reports of Glos that updated to 2.8.1. Admittedly, my non-English languages aren't that great so I could be mistaken.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote