View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #545
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by From 1st post
The first approach is estimation based on the book content, provided you have an ePub format or a format that is convertible to ePub. The format used if your book has multiple is chosen based on your Preferred Input Format order, that you set in Preferences -> Behavior.
I only use the word count estimate. I very rarely convert from ePub so for conversion purposes its way down in my Preferred Input list. I almost always convert to ePub - hence its my Preferred Output format

I'm looking for help on how to hack the plugin so that if the book has an epub (Preferred Output) then it counts the words in that, rather than converting something from the preferred input list. I had a look at the plugin but I couldn't work out how to make it do that.

I need the word count before I run Modify over the EPUB to remove the cover and add the book jacket.

At the moment I get round the problem by pushing the ePub to the top of Preferred Input format list, do the Count Pages, then push the Epub below the actual Preferred Input formats, and then do the Modify. I find having to put Count Pages between a pair of Preference setting changes a bit tedious.

It's become an issue since I put jackets at the back of the ePubs, the jacket includes the #wordcount custom column. The colleagues to whom I send the ePubs find the word count useful. The difference between the original PRC and the final EPUB can be as much as 33%.

The 'books' are factual public domain papers, reports, dissertations etc.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-17-2013 at 11:23 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote