Originally Posted by mike54321
Also my serial number starts with B024, as I see from reading past threads. I'd also like to make it clear I am applying the correct KUAL launcher file, the one for the PW, applying certs and rescue .bin files one at a time, etc.
Short answer: Read the "required" part of the top post.
Open the spoiler titled:
Here is the list of things you must have installed. 4 In Total.
Install **all** files in the "prerequisites" bundle (one at a time). **Including** the "Kindlet Jailbreak".
The much longer answer:
You probably do not have everything installed that you thought you did, since ota updates where happening more or less at the same time, so - start over:
1) Turn on "airplane mode" - leave it turned on
2) Remove any Update_*.bin or Install_*.bin from user's USB storage area.
3) Put Amazon's version 5.3.4 firmware update.bin package on root of storage area, "update" back down to 5.3.4 (link to off-site archive of Amazon releases in the "Jailbreak" first post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29&postcount=1
4) **LEAVE AIRPLANE MODE ENABLED**
5) Now open that blue spoiler and start following the directions. All of them.