View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #44
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
The way I think of it: there's a lot of new stuff that I can do without, and there's a lot of new stuff that improves my life. As long as I stick to the latter, and avoid being persuaded into adopting the stuff that I can do without, my life will probably end up being the better for it.
Isn't it always that way though? I'd guess for every 10 new things maybe 2-3 are things that are really needed and the rest are either 'wants' rather than 'needs' or even turn out not to be such a great idea after all. Cesium used to be used to line cans on the inside as a preservative it turned corn black but that wasn't a concern then they learned that cesium was toxic if injested. Exit cesium lined cans. Likewise the stuff they used to put in spray cans turned out to cause ozone layer damage. That leads to more solar radiation getting in and an increase in sunburn and skin cancer. I'm sure there are other 'great ideas' that turned out not to be so great in the long run.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote