View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Do some TESTs

1) Change the name of you OLD Library folder (using the OS) so you know Calibre is not using that one Then start Calibre

2) Do some of you normal tasks using the new library to prove that everything works as expected. Include. sending a book to your device in the list of tests

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that I did exactly that: I changed the file name for that large file now on my external HD to something that made more sense to me.

Then, with drive L connected I added a file.

I then safely exited and disconnected the drive and then loaded up calibre and found the path to the previous file. The new ebook I added was not there.

I then exited out and again connected the 'L' drive, loaded up calibre and there was the book I added.

Everything seems to be working fine, but I'll do some more tests, etc. over the next couple of days.

Again, let me thank everyone who posted their help on this. I very much appreciate it.

I feel a whole lot better!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote