View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:13 AM   #55
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
@HarryT:
Supermarket would never sell anything but best-sellers. There are many types of books that are sold and could still be sold by small independant bookstores. They would just have to re-think their offer. Also, the point of small bookstores is that they are conveniently situated (or specialized but if that's the case, they don't compete with supermarkets). Supermarket can't compete with that...

@Nothingness:
Perhaps being in Canada has made you miss most of the last century's French literature? Have you read Jean D'Aillon? Jean-François Parot? Michel Honaker? Christian Grenier? Marie-Aude Murail? If they are not your style, I'm sure I can find something else!
French book (paperback) aren't that explensive (in France), neither are translations. Maybe they are expensive in Canada because they are shipped there instead of being published there? Books in foreign languages are often much more expensive here... For books in Chinese, I have seen 6 yuan become 13€...
I'll agree though that most French publishers are doing their best to destroy the e-book industry here. E-books used to be priced the same as hardcover books. It's getting better though, probably because there is pressure from... Amazon ^^
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote