View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
First and foremost, thank you very much, davidfor, for this excellent plugin -- you are absolutely brilliant.

Since the last post, I uninstalled the plugin, restarted Calibre, reinstalled and repeated the process. This time, after selecting Store/restore bookmark for selected books, the status (Finished) successfully appeared under the appropriate column.

After manually changing selected books to "Finished" via "Change Reading Status in device library" then "Refresh the list of books on the device," the Finished shelf appeared on the Aura. Is this manual action required each time one finishes a book, or whenever a book's status changes? I thought this process was automated following PeterT's instructions. No complaints, I'm just trying to understand how this functions.

You and PeterT are very talented gentlemen.
I'm glad it is working. But, I think I understand what you were missing.

When I read a book, its status is updated on the device as I read it. And when I get to the end of the book and press the screen to go forward, it marks the book as complete. When I connect to calibre for whatever reason, I use the "Store/Restore" function of the plugin to get the current status of the books from the device to the calibre library. When I do this, if the book is finished on the device, then the percent read column in the calibre library will be set to 100%. Then the column that PeterT has defined will show "Finished" for that book. And a sync between calibre and the device will put the book on the "Finished" shelf.

From what you say above, it sounds like the books weren't finished on the device. So, you used the plugin options to do this.

So, right now, there is a manual step to mark the book in the calibre library as complete. This can done by retrieving the status of the book from the device, or manually setting the percent read to 100 in the library. The next sync will update the device to set the shelf. "Refresh the list of books on the device" will do this.

PeterT has asked to have the storing of the state happen automatically when the device is connected. I plan to do that in the next couple of weeks.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote