View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #4
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Could you possibly have a bad cable or USB port?

Helen
We are talking 2 brand new ereaders straight out of the box, each with it's own USB cable.

As for a bad port, I have no reason to think it has a problem as it is the main one I use for plugging other stuff in and when I plugged in each of the 2 ereaders they both said "connected and charging". Unfortunately straight out of the box there is no battery icon so no way of knowing it's charge.

I did change to another port at Kobo's request but there was no difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
My only questions might be how long did you wait in both cases, and what did you do?

If it makes you feel any better, I had a similar problem updating my Touch the other night and had to hold the power switch for ten seconds, then hold the paperclip reset and menu buttons in and power up to get a factory reset/restore back to the original firmware and update all over again. It happens. My Glo got the same update and installed it without a hitch. Go figure...
I tried many pinhole resets and as regards the factory reset, I followed Kobo's advice (online chat), held in the home button and slide the power button until the led's flash and the screen changes. Unfortunately the screen didn't change and only sometimes did any led's light up.

I then left them on charge for more than 4 hours but to no avail.

Common sense told me to charge them first for 4 hours but in Kobo's instruction leaflet charging is step 4, steps 1 - 3 are setting up via Kobo Desktop ?

I have re-ordered the Mini so I want to know if I did something wrong, and if so what is the correct method of setting it up ???
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote