View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
New Touch & Mini problems !!!

...so I bought a new Touch to replace my 18 month old Touch on which the Touch screen suddenly failed a few weeks ago. As they are on discount I also bought a Mini.

At the end of the setup & synch via Kobo Desktop the screen on the Mini went blank and nothing I did made any difference.

I took it back to the store and ordered another.

I then tried setting up the new Touch and again at the end of this there was a problem. The screen went to "Restarting" and stopped there.

Again nothing I could do would change this.

I contacted Kobo but their suggestions, pinhole reset, factory reset, made no difference !!

I put it on recharge for over 5 hours, still no change.

Am I extremely unlucky with 2 bad Kobo's or did I do something wrong ?

I have to say that I followed the procedure as laid out in Kobo's instruction leaflet.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote