View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Obviously this is very much a personal taste thing, so in that vein, here is my reaction:

I like the image, but I feel as if the balance is wrong - mostly because of the text. If you really want "a novel by" (I don't think it's necessary), I would move this down closer to the author, and lower the lock slightly. I don't really like the all uppercase on the title and author, and it seems to me that the author text stands out too boldly - more so that the title. I'd be tempted to experiment with different fonts (and layouts) for the title text, though I don't have have specific suggestions.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote