View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #21
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
Hello all.

I know ima little late in this discussion but to me to Glo model (the one I use) win by a very large gap.

55 hours of use for the Glo vs 28 hours for the Aura. This alone is a deal breaker because I use my Glo on hiking / backpacking trips and the Glo has twice (twice) the battery life of the Aura. Moreover, the Glo is significantly lighter.

I think the the Glo, the first front light model from Kobo, will always be the best model. Buy em while they last. Next year, Kobo will offer a bigger processor (eating battery), even better definition (eating battery), better OS and features and a full browser (eating battery), better whatever we dont need or use (eating battery), ...etc.

So, the leanest, lightest, most battery effective model is the Glo. From now on, Kobo models will only go downhill and will become huge battery sucking squids with ads all over the place like a blinking pizza.

Get a Kobo Glo.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know the Aura is only 28 hours? Do you have one or are you just going by official specs? Because I don't think the Glo is rated for 55 hours so if they're understating the Glo battery capacity then they're probably also understating the Aura capacity.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote