View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #311
domani7
Enthusiast
domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
It's not though. They are all eInk screens from the same supplier. What color is your Aura? There's a very powerful optical illusion that that the screen is darker when the case is a lighter color. Put a while unit next to a black one with the identical screen, and you would still swear that the white unit has a darker screen background even when you know they are the same. It's like this illusion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checker_shadow_illusion
That's what I thought at first too (and why I initially thought an exchange would make the Aura worthwhile) but then when I held the kindle partially on top of the aura so that it's blocking the ivory bezel the kindle's screen still looks brighter than the Aura's. Same thing when I held the Aura on top of the kindle so that I'm comparing both screens to the ivory bezel.
domani7 is offline   Reply With Quote