Originally Posted by Janelle12
Thanks guys. Yes I did read the problems with pdf's document. I did download and convert using mobicreator, with the exact same outcome. So, I guess I'm not going to be reading that book on an ereader! Luckily I can read it directly from the website (I just discovered today) and not have to deal with it. Or, I could PAY (!!!) and get the official kindle version. I'm so cheap
What is the name of the Hampster Soft converter and where can I get it?
oops sorry, not only is the 'p' silent, it's absent
Google for Hamster Soft - watch out for hidden extra's - do a custom install.
Oh, it needs .NET 3.5
I just had a look at the website for that book - it looks like its very straightforward text in a single font, I'm surprised mobicreator didn't to a satisfactory job - maybe they 'deliberately' crippled the PDF to make it 'unconvertible'
Silly question - have you tried reading the PDF with Stanza ?
Here's three other tricks you could try.
- You could open the PDF in a PDF reader (I use Trackersofts PDF xChange), and print it as a PDF via a PDF print driver (I use the one from Bullzip). Then convert the PDF that print driver created. That's worked for me a couple of times.
- A variant on that is to print it to a postscript file see post #6 in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=postscript
- If the online version presents itself as not too many pages, you could clip them from your browser into Evernote, export them out of Evernote as HTML, add the HTMLs to Calibre, convert them to ePUB and join them with ePUBMerge plug in. Why Evernote - its clipper is pretty good at sorting the wheat from the chaff.