View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
Just checked my numbers, transfered from Amazon to Calibre about 380. Added my Mobilereference collection (2,000 classic collection for $20). Moving my ebook collections from 5 years worth CDs (thousands of ebooks both Public Domain and current in different genre). I just made my 4,000 mark. Anybody know how many ebooks can be loaded into Calibre before it starts to get wonky?
I have two Mobile Reference Classics, and I like the layout. Is there any place where I can get all of those classics for $20? It would save me quite some time, looking for a version I like when I want to read one.

Why should Calibre get wonky? It just uses a database to save all its stuff. Each book has its own ID, but I expect that it's at least a long integer, which means you'd be able to load roughly 4 billion (4.000.000.000) books.

I expect that your computer will run out of required storage and speed before Calibre runs out of ID's to handle the books. (Except when you add and remove books a lot. I don't know if it re-uses ID's of deleted items. Most database programs don't.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 04-29-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote