View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #587
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I recently completed the two Monica Murphys and they were great, though I enjoyed the first one more than the second.

I also completed Elite and didn't like it. Just like with The Bet, some of the responsibilities she assigns to the hero seem so implausible at his age, yet the book felt so juvenile at the same time. Also, it has a cliffhanger ending (things that make me go 'grrr' ) and an unresolved love triangle.
Oh, I'm glad you liked Monica Murphy's, thought you might! She's definitely on my auto-buy list now.

I read The Bet, and like you said, didn't love it [but the Grandma was a hoot and a half], and I've bought Elite but haven't read it yet based on my 3 star-ish rating of The Bet. Sounds like it's good that it's way down on my TBR list now.

I just finished Connected, hmmm, 3 stars for me. A bit too implausible for my liking and even with the cliffhanger may not grab the 2nd book when it comes out.

I hate the feeling of finishing a book and not loving it. Oh well, on to the next! Sometimes I have a very hard time deciding what to pick though!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote