View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
JimmyG
If your S&R goes sideways and leaves a malformed section, you could end up with anything if you let Sigil fix the trouble before exiting..
always save before doing a global S&R. Discard (and reload the document) is your friend if you then find yourself over the cliff
Not just save, but make an actual copy of the book for backup. The problem is there's no way to know if part of a file has gone south, short of checking each file. Reports tells me that file above is 68K...

I've got two of the files rebuilt and working on the third (outside of Sigil.) When I get them done and put back into Sigil, I'm going to have to go through and check each file (54, it's a BIG book) and see if there are any others missing.

I've got a list of things I have to check, repeated errors I've noticed, to see if I've caught them all. Do you know if finding and replacing each instance in All html files is as hinky as Replace all?
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote