View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
But my reading chair is well lit and of course, my damaged eyes showed that it is slightly more stressful on the eyes to have that backlighting.
I do think it just depends on the location and the reader. Sometimes you just have to use it for a while to tell how it'll work out for you.

The problem I have with both the Paperwhite and the Nook Glowlight is that when I get the light comforatable, the fonts are washed out. The 'black' fonts end up looking like a transparent blue.

I end up working harder to read than with just an eInk screen and a book light.

I've tried various light settings and contrasts, and nothing has helped the fonts getting transparent.

I'm finding I'll read one book on the lighted models, then go to reading the rest of a series on the regular Sony's.

Yet the lit screens are still much more comfortable than the backlit tablet screens. I only use those as a last resort.

But it's taken a lot of testing to realize what the problems are for me.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote