View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #243
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I adjusted the size for my custom dictionary in the database, made no difference. I have not tried the date though, but I am not hopeful.
Thank you for trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
The Kobo Desktop Software has the 13.680.662-size italian file what tshering mentioned, but the italian dictionary does not work with this file: same behavior as the portuguese or the custom ones.
I just tried the same things. Replacing the plain Italian dictionary by the (old) encrypted dictionary makes it work. This led me to the same conclusion as what clsdclsd says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
I tried to put the unknown-format english dictionary from the 2.1.1 firmware to the device (zipped it first), it's OK, so the encryption(?) method did not change, but the non-encrypted dictionaries does not work anymore. :-(
It looks like this is the end of custom dictionaries. I am sure the encryption is for copyright concerns and we will not be able to imitate this encryption. For me this means that I will remain on 2.4.0 as long as my touch survives. I hope by the time my touch stops working, there will be a reader by another brand that will satisfy my needs better.

Last edited by tshering; 04-21-2013 at 05:38 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote