View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #16308
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've lost my virginity! I've just listened to my first audio book!
Rather than bagpipe music or Sousa marches, I decided to try something different on my long walk, and picked up Asimov's "Caves of Steel," a BBC radio drama. Two hours of fast and hard uphill and down, and by the time I was back in my neighborhood, I was just about at the end of the program and the only way I knew for sure that I'd been walking was that my clothes were soaking wet from the effort! What a delightful way to do Asimov!

Stitchawl
I just got my virginity back. I recently finished Black Jack Justice by Gregg Taylor, available at Amazon and Smashwords. This is an ebook prequel to the popular podcast "radio" show also written by Gregg Taylor, and if you love the show as much as I do, this first meeting between the 1940s private investigators Jack Justice and Trixie Dixon ("Girl Detective") is a must read. True to the podcast, rarely does a civil word pass between them, but what can you expect of a working relationship that begins
Spoiler:
...with the two quite literally taking pot-shots at each other. Even now hardly a day goes by that Trixie doesn't "make a mental note to shoot Old Squarejaw."

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote