View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #79
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
To me, it fails to answer a simple question: If I'm not interested in the Metro interface, why would I want to upgrade? Windows 7 works fine.
If I were to by a new PC now, I would buy it with Windows 7 rather than 8. I know it works, I know it has drivers for everything I need, and why take the risk with a new OS?
This is really not the question. 1) No one is telling you to upgrade. 2) Best Buy, Dell, and others still sell Windows 7 systems. 3) Many vendors offer free downgrade to Windows 7 pro from Windows 8 pro.

The question is how long will vendors make drivers for obsolete operating systems. The answer is not very. I strongly recommend running the OS that comes with a computer. Vendors spend a lot of time and money making sure these things work well. You CAN upgrade or downgrade, but, in the end, you are running an unsupported configuration. That is an exciting challenge for me, but maybe not for you.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote