View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #6
Londoner
Londoner began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
W H Smith have started to advertise the Bookeen CyBook on their website, for a penny under £150. It originally showed 'in stock' now shows '4-5 weeks'.

If you can wait for them to come into stock again, and if the price stays the same, I'd definitely recommend the CyBook over the Sony PRS-505.

The main reason is that the CyBook reads Mobipocket format ebooks, both DRMed and unprotected versions. Mobipocket eBooks are available from lots of publishers and lots of eBook stores.

I have had a CyBook for six months, and I'm very pleased with it. I've even ordered another from W H Smiths - it will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive.

Paul
Oh sod, thanks very much for the recommendation, but in the time between reading Wallcraft's reply and getting back from lunch I went into Waterstone's down the road and went and bought a Sony.
Thanks to everyone for the replies, yes I do have a Windows PC (though I prefer my Mac!) and so can use the Sony Connect software.
I'll have a good browse through the forums on content and how to change formats, but thanks very much for putting my mind at rest as to exactly how the different formats are applicable to the 505.
I'll have a crack at the out of print site and try the different formats to reassure myself that I know what I'm doing, and I'll get downloading a copy of the converter software.

Londoner is offline   Reply With Quote